- To renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner.
- To give up (a position, right, or power) formally.
From latin abdicare, meaning "renounce" or "disown".
- The king abdicated his throne in order to marry the woman he loved.
- He abdicated his position as CEO of the company due to health reasons.
- The queen abdicated her throne to her son.
- The emperor abdicated his throne to his son, but retained his imperial title.
- The dictator abdicated his power after the popular uprising.
Some random words: ladder, heavy, volleyball