- The part of the body of an animal or human between the thorax and the pelvis, containing the stomach, intestines, liver, spleen, and pancreas.
- The part of an insect's body that contains the digestive organs.
- The part of a flower that contains the reproductive organs.
From latin abdomen, from abdō, abdere "to hide".
- The patient complained of pain in the abdomen.
- The abdomen of an ant.
- The abdomen of a flower holds the reproductive organs.
- Abdomen is the part of the body that contains internal organs.
- The abdomen is a complex part of the body that includes several organs.