A person who has been taken away illegally by force or threat, especially by kidnapping.
Formed from the verb abduct, from the latin abducere ("to lead awa.y")
- The police were searching for the abductee, who had been missing for several days.
- The abductee was eventually released after a ransom was paid.
- The abductee's family was devastated by the sudden and violent loss of their loved one.
- The abductee's captors were eventually arrested and brought to justice.
- The abductee's experience was traumatic and left a lasting impact on their life.