A deviation from what is normal, typical, or expected; a departure from the usual or typical behavior, idea, or condition.
Late latin aberration-, aberratio deviation, from latin aberrare to stray, from ab- + errare to wander.
- His behavior was an aberration from his usual calm and rational behavior.
- The company's recent financial losses were considered an aberration.
- The sudden change in her personality was an aberration.
- The aberration in the data was caused by a measurement error.
- The storm's path was an aberration from the usual weather patterns.
Some random words: falter, effusive, flashpoint