Deviating from what is normal, typical or expected.
The word "aberrational" is an adjective that is used to describe something that deviates from what is normal, typical or expected. it is formed from the word "aberration" which means a deviation from what is normal or expected.
- His behavior was so aberrational that his family and friends were concerned.
- The results of the experiment were aberrational and did not align with the predictions.
- The aberrational weather patterns have caused crop failures in several regions.
- The company's decision to switch direction was seen as aberrational by many in the industry.
- The aberrational behavior of the stock market has investors worried.