- To regard with disgust and hatred.
- To detest strongly.
- To shrink back in horror or distaste from.
From latin abhorrere, to shrink back, from ab- + horrere to tremble.
- She abhorred violence and avoided violent movies and TV shows.
- The parents abhorred the idea of their child becoming a criminal.
- The scientist abhorred wasting resources and always looked for ways to recycle.
- Many people abhor the taste of liver and refuse to eat it.
- The idea of cheating on an exam was so repugnant to him that he abhorred the thought.
Some random words: crispy, dawn, fatherland