- The quality or state of being able to do something.
- A natural or acquired skill or talent.
- A power or capacity that makes it possible to do something.
Middle english abilite, from anglo-french, from latin habilitat-, habilitas, from habere to have.
- He has the ability to speak several languages.
- She has a natural ability to play the piano.
- He has the ability to focus for long periods of time.
- The company's ability to adapt to change is one of its strengths.
- She has an ability to connect with people.