- A thing that is detestable or disgustingly bad.
- An action or practice that is greatly despised or abhorred.
Middle english, from old french abomination, from latin abominatio, from abominari to deprecate, from ab- + ominari to predict (from omen).
- The dictator's regime was an abomination that caused immense suffering.
- War is an abomination that should be avoided at all costs.
- In the eyes of some religious groups, same-sex marriage is an abomination.
- He considered dishonesty to be an abomination.
- Many people consider the use of chemical weapons to be an abomination and a war crime.