- The termination of a pregnancy before the fetus is able to survive outside the womb.
- The deliberate termination of a pregnancy, often performed for medical or social reasons.
Derived from the latin word "abortus", the word "abortion" has been used to describe the termination of a pregnancy for thousands of years.
- The debate over abortion has been a controversial issue for many years.
- She decided to have an abortion after she found out the fetus had a serious birth defect.
- Abortion is legal in many countries, but it is still illegal in some.
- Some people believe that abortion is a woman's right to choose, while others believe it is murder.
- The doctor performed the abortion using a surgical procedure.