- Failing to produce the intended result; unsuccessful.
- Ending prematurely; cut short.
- Relating to or causing abortion.
From latin abortivus, from aboriri "to miscarry".
- The meeting was abortive as the main speaker did not turn up.
- The attempt to launch a new product was abortive as it was not well received by the market.
- The negotiations were abortive and no agreement was reached.
- The pregnancy was terminated due to an abortive fetus.
- The treatment was abortive and did not cure the disease.
Some random words: internalization, confessor, clot