- A complete change of direction, opinion, or attitude.
- An abrupt reversal of position or policy.
From military term meaning a 180-degree turn.
- The company made an about-face on its decision to close the factory.
- The politician made an about-face on his campaign promises.
- The team made an about-face and went back to their original strategy.
- The leader's about-face on the issue caused confusion among the supporters.
- The stock market took an about-face and started to go up.
Some random words: deployment, transcription, germanic