- A scrape or injury on the skin or other surface caused by rubbing or friction.
- The process of rubbing or scraping away a surface.
Late middle english: from latin abrasio(n-), from abradere "scrape away".
- She sustained an abrasion on her knee after falling on the pavement.
- The rock's surface was worn smooth by centuries of abrasion from the river.
- The abrasion on the metal surface was caused by friction with another metal.
- The abrasion on his hand was treated with a bandage.
- Abrasion is one of the main causes of tooth wear.
Some random words: unhinge, job, double-edged