- Rough or coarse to the touch.
- Harsh or critical in nature or manner.
Late middle english: from latin abras- "scraped", from the verb abradere.
- The sandpaper was abrasive and removed the paint easily.
- The steel wool is abrasive and should not be used on delicate surfaces.
- The teacher's abrasive manner made it hard for the students to learn.
- He had an abrasive personality and didn't make many friends.
- She found her colleague's comments abrasive and hurtful.
Some random words: cynical, acidosis, unexpurgated