The cancellation or repeal of a law, treaty, or other legal agreement.
From the latin abrogatio, from abrogare ("to repeal, cance.l")
- The abrogation of the treaty was a major turning point in the history of the nations involved.
- The abrogation of the law was met with widespread protests and demonstrations.
- The abrogation of the agreement created tension between the two countries.
- The abrogation of the treaty was a significant loss for international diplomacy and cooperation.
- The abrogation of the law was a controversial move, with advocates on both sides of the issue.