- A localized collection of pus that forms in tissues, organs, or spaces in the body, often as a result of an infection.
- A swollen area filled with pus, typically caused by a bacterial infection.
From latin abscessus, meaning "a going away".
- He was diagnosed with a dental abscess and needed to have it drained.
- The abscess was located deep in her tonsils and had to be removed surgically.
- The patient had a skin abscess that needed to be lanced and drained.
- The abscess in her lung was caused by a bacterial infection.
- If left untreated, an abscess can become serious and cause serious complication.
Some random words: unannounced, actuarial, wavy