- Formal release from guilt, obligation, or punishment.
- Forgiveness or pardon granted by a priest in the sacrament of reconciliation.
Late middle english: via old french from latin absolutio(n-), from absolvere 'set free' (see absolve).
- He sought absolution for his sins.
- The priest granted him absolution.
- The absolution of his debt allowed him to start fresh.
- Her confession brought her a sense of absolution.
- The absolution of the accused was a controversial decision.
Some random words: ceramicist, bedrock, adaptable