- A person who advocates or adheres to absolutism.
- A person who believes in the absolute power of a ruler, government, or institution.
From latin absolutus, past participle of absolvere "to make free, set free".
- He was an absolutist in his political beliefs.
- The king was an absolutist and would not tolerate any opposition.
- The dictator was an absolutist who suppressed political opposition.
- The ruler was an absolutist and believed that his power was absolute.
- The leader of the country was an absolutist who imposed his will on the people.