- Capable of absorbing or soaking up something such as liquid, light, or energy.
- Tending to take in and retain something completely.
From the verb absorb, derived from the latin word absorbere.
- The new sponge material is highly absorptive.
- The absorptive material in the soundproof wall effectively reduces noise.
- The absorbent pad can soak up the spilled liquid in a matter of seconds.
- The soil in the jungle is highly absorptive and can retain moisture for long periods.
- The absorptive coating on the windows effectively blocks the UV rays from entering.