Characterized by self-denial and restraint, especially with regard to food and drink.
The word "abstemious" is derived from the latin word "abstinēre" which means "to abstain".
- She leads an abstemious life and avoids eating too much junk food.
- He had to be abstemious for his health and he avoided drinking alcohol.
- The monks live an abstemious life and follow strict dietary rules.
- The abstemious lifestyle helped him lose weight and improve his health.
- The doctor advised her to be abstemious and avoid overeating.
Some random words: masterpiece, bluebottle, immunodeficiency