The practice of refraining from something, especially from an activity or pleasure as an act of self-discipline.
Middle english abstinencie, from latin abstinentia, from abstinent-, abstinens, present participle of abstinēre to abstain.
- The program promotes sexual abstinence as a way to avoid pregnancy.
- He practiced abstinence from alcohol for a year.
- The doctor recommended abstinence from fatty foods.
- Abstinence from smoking can improve overall health.
- I'm going to practice abstinence from social media for a week.
Some random words: spell, divan, condominium