- Wildly unreasonable, illogical, or inappropriate.
- So obviously false or ridiculous as to be laughable.
Early 17th century: from latin absurdus "out of tune", from ab- "away from" + surdus "deaf".
- The idea that aliens built the pyramids is absurd.
- It is absurd to think that a small company can compete with a giant corporation.
- The accusations are absurd and without any evidence.
- The argument is absurd, as it is based on a false premise.
- The notion that the earth is flat is an absurd belief.
Some random words: precolonial, lanky, chuck