The academic community or environment, typically including faculties and students in higher education and research institutions.
Late latin academicus, from latin academia, from greek akadēmeia, from akadēmeia, gymnasium near athens where plato taught.
- He was well respected in academia for his research.
- She was excited to join the ranks of academia after graduation.
- The role of industry in academia is an ongoing debate.
- Academia and government often have different priorities.
- Academia is a world of its own, with its own culture and language.
Some random words: deprecate, remediable, sixfold