- A member of an academy of arts or sciences, especially the French Academy.
- A person who is expert or learned in a particular field, especially in the arts or sciences.
Late 16th century: from french académicien, from académie (see academy).
- The renowned academician was invited to speak at the conference.
- He was elected to the Academy as an academician.
- The academician wrote several books on the history of art.
- Her research earned her recognition as a leading academician in the field.
- The academician was respected for his contributions to the field of science.
Some random words: pasteboard, conic, lorry