- To agree or consent to do something.
- To assume an office or position.
- To come into a possession of an inheritance or property.
From the latin accedere ("to go to, approach"), from ad- ("to, towards") + cedere ("to go, yield").
- He acceded to the request of his boss.
- The prince acceded to the throne after the death of his father.
- The company acceded to the demands of the union.
- She acceded to her husband's wishes and moved to the country.
- The new CEO acceded to the company after a long search.
Some random words: percolation, earplug, demilitarize