- To make something move faster.
- To cause something to happen sooner than it would have naturally.
From latin acceleratus, past participle of accelerare ("to hasten, quicken"), from ad ("to") + celer ("swift").
- The car accelerated down the highway.
- The economy is beginning to accelerate after a period of stagnation.
- He accelerated his pace as he neared the finish line.
- The company is looking for ways to accelerate growth.
- The new technology is designed to accelerate the manufacturing process.
Some random words: weaver, store, adjudication