- A device for increasing the speed of an engine or vehicle.
- A device for increasing the rate of a chemical reaction or process.
- A program or initiative designed to speed up the development of a particular technology or industry.
- A particle accelerator, a device used to accelerate charged particles to high speeds.
From latin accelerator ("one who hastens"), from accēlērō ("to hasten"), from ad- ("to") + cēlērō ("i hasten").
- The accelerator pedal is used to speed up the car.
- The accelerator was essential for the successful completion of the experiment.
- The accelerator program helped start-ups to grow rapidly.
- The accelerator was used to study the properties of subatomic particles.
- The accelerator helped to reduce the time required for the reaction to take place.
Some random words: insecurity, balcony, filamentous