- Able to be accepted or tolerated; not objectionable.
- Adequate or satisfactory.
From middle english acceptabil, borrowed from latin acceptabilis ("worthy of being accepted"), from acceptare ("to receive, accept") + -abilis ("-able").
- The proposal was deemed acceptable by the committee.
- The terms of the contract are acceptable to both parties.
- His behavior was not acceptable in the workplace.
- His explanation was acceptable, but not entirely convincing.
- The company's performance was deemed acceptable by the board of directors.