- The act of accepting or receiving something offered.
- The state of being accepted or recognized as valid or suitable.
- The belief in and willingness to engage with a concept or situation.
From middle english acceptaunce, borrowed from old french acceptance, from latin acceptiō ("a receiving, receiving into favor"), from acceptus, past participle of accipere ("to take, receive").
- The acceptance of the offer was made in writing.
- Her acceptance of the award was met with a standing ovation.
- The acceptance of the new technology was slow at first.
- His acceptance of the new job was a difficult decision.
- The acceptance of diversity is an important aspect of the company's culture.