The process of becoming accustomed to a new climate, environment, or situation.
The word "acclimation" is derived from the latin word "acclimatare" which means "to acclimate".
- It takes time for a person to acclimate to living in a new country.
- She had to acclimate to the high altitude when she went on a trip to the mountains.
- The plants need to acclimate to the new environment before they can be moved to the garden.
- The company provides a training program to help new employees acclimate to the work culture.
- He had to acclimate to the colder weather when he moved to Canada.