To become accustomed to a new environment, especially a new climate.
From french acclimater, from a- "to" + climat "climate".
- It takes time to acclimatize to a new environment.
- The tourists needed to acclimatize before they went on their trek.
- The process of acclimatizing helps the body adapt to the changes in temperature and altitude.
- The employee was struggling to acclimatize to the new working conditions.
- It is important to acclimatize slowly when traveling to high altitude areas.
Some random words: inert, midfielder, woe