- The act of adjusting or adapting to a particular situation or condition.
- A place to live, stay or sleep, especially in a temporary or commercial setting.
- Something that makes it possible to live or work in a comfortable and convenient way.
The word 'accommodation' originated from the latin word 'accomodatio' which means 'adjustment, fitting.'.
- The school provided accommodation for students who lived far away.
- The hotel offers luxurious accommodation for guests.
- The company made accommodations for employees with disabilities.
- The new law requires employers to make reasonable accommodations for pregnant workers.
- The accommodation of the ship was very cramped and uncomfortable.