A person who plays a musical instrument, typically a piano, to accompany a singer or another musician.
Derived from the latin ad- ("to") and com- ("together with") and panis ("bread"), in reference to accompanying a singer or player of a musical instrument.
- She was an excellent accompanist and was in high demand for recitals.
- The accompanist provided the perfect background music for the singer's performance.
- The accompanist's fingers glided effortlessly over the keys of the piano.
- The accompanist and singer had worked together for years and had a wonderful musical rapport.
- The accompanist's skillful playing elevated the performance to a new level.
Some random words: maximum, pricey, specialism