- Something successfully achieved, especially by effort, skill, or courage.
- A task or thing done successfully with effort, skill, or courage.
Late middle english (in the sense "completion, fulfilment"): from old french acomplissement, from acomplir "complete" (see accomplish).
- The company's growth is an accomplishment that took years of hard work.
- The invention is a great accomplishment in the field of technology.
- The completion of the marathon was an accomplishment for the runner.
- The book is an accomplishment of the author's lifetime.
- The scientific discovery is an accomplishment that will change the world.