- Conformity or agreement with a rule, standard, or law.
- Agreement or harmony between people or things.
Late middle english (in the sense "agreement, concord"): from old french acordance, from acorder "bring into agreement" (see accord).
- The company's actions were in accordance with the law.
- The design of the building is in accordance with the latest energy standards.
- The decision was made in accordance with the majority vote.
- The team's performance was in accordance with their training.
- The plan was developed in accordance with the client's needs.
Some random words: bulwark, misogyny, spreadeagled