A person who plays the accordion.
The word "accordionist" is derived from the word "accordion" which is a musical instrument, and the suffix "-ist" meaning someone who practices a particular art, profession or hobby.
- She had been playing the accordion since she was a child and was now a professional accordionist.
- He was an accordionist in a traditional folk band.
- The accordionist played a lively polka as the dancers twirled around the room.
- The accordionist added a unique sound to the band's music.
- The accordionist was a regular performer at the local street fairs.