- A professional who is skilled in the management of financial accounts and records.
- A person who prepares and examines financial records.
Mid 16th century: from french comptable, from compter "to count".
- She hired an accountant to help her with her taxes.
- He is a certified public accountant.
- The accountant will help you with your bookkeeping.
- The company has a team of accountant to manage the finances.
- The accountant's job is to ensure the financial records are accurate.
Some random words: squealer, mispronounce, pattern