- To gather or collect (something) gradually over time.
- To build up or increase (something) steadily.
Early 17th century: from latin accumulat- "heaped up", from the verb accumulare, from ad- "to" + cumulus "heap".
- She accumulated a large collection of stamps over the years.
- He accumulated a lot of wealth through hard work and investment.
- The company accumulated a large amount of debt.
- The student accumulated a lot of knowledge through reading.
- The company's reputation accumulated gradually over time.