- A device or system that stores energy, especially electricity.
- A person or entity that accumulates or collects things over time.
Derived from the latin word "accumulare" which means "to pile up".
- The wind turbine has an accumulator that stores excess energy for later use.
- The batteries in the car serve as the primary accumulator for electrical energy.
- He was a known accumulator of antique cars and had a vast collection.
- The company's stock portfolio serves as an accumulator of wealth for the firm.
- She was a lifelong accumulator of rare books and had a library that was the envy of many collectors.