- To blame or criticize someone for something, often in a formal or official way.
- To charge someone with a crime or wrongdoing.
- To assert that someone is responsible for something.
- To assert that someone has done something wrong or illegal.
- To bring an accusation against someone.
Late middle english: from old french acuser, from latin accusare "call to account", from ad- "to" + causa "cause, case".
- The police accused him of theft.
- She accused him of lying.
- He was accused of murder.
- The company accused the employees of embezzlement.
- She accused him of not keeping his promise.