- Relating to, containing, or producing acetic acid.
- Having the taste or smell of vinegar.
From the latin word "acetum" meaning "vinegar" and it stems from the greek word "oxos" which also means "vinegar", the word was first used in the 17th century in english.
- The acetic acid was used to preserve the pickles.
- The acetic fermentation produces vinegar.
- The acetic smell of the wine indicated spoilage.
- The acetic solution was used to clean the metal.
- The acetic flavor of the dish was due to the addition of vinegar.