- Acetone is a colorless, volatile, flammable liquid with a characteristic odor. It is used as a solvent and as an intermediate in the synthesis of other chemicals.
- Acetone is a ketone that is the simplest and smallest ketone. It is a colorless, volatile, flammable liquid with a characteristic odor.
Acetone is derived from the french acétone, which in turn was derived from the german word azeton.
- She wiped the spill of acetone from the counter.
- He used acetone to remove the residue from the surface.
- The nail polish remover contained high amounts of acetone.
- The scientist mixed acetone with other chemicals to form a new compound.
- Acetone evaporated quickly, leaving behind no trace.