Free from color or hue; having no hue.
The word "achromatic" is derived from the greek words "a-" meaning "not" and "chroma" meaning "color".
- An achromatic lens is a lens that is designed to reduce the amount of chromatic aberration.
- The achromatic colors black and white are often used in graphic design to create a sense of contrast.
- The achromatic light from a light source can cause less strain on the eyes than chromatic light.
- Achromatic paintings are often monochromatic and made with only one color.
- An achromatic color scheme is one that uses shades of gray, black, and white.
Some random words: turbulence, contra, spicy