- A sour taste.
- The quality of being sour, sharp, or tangy, especially in taste.
- A measure of the concentration of hydrogen ions in a solution, indicating its acidity or alkalinity.
Late middle english (in the sense "acridity, sourness"): from old french acidite or latin aciditas, from acidus (see acid).
- The acidity of the vinegar is important in the recipe.
- The acidity in his voice made it clear that he was angry.
- Too much acidity in the soil can be harmful to plants.
- The wine had a good balance of fruit and acidity.
- Acidity levels in the human body must be kept in check for good health.