The act of acknowledging or accepting the existence, validity, or legality of something.
Late middle english: from old french acknowledge(ment), from a- (from latin ad "to, at") + medieval latin cognoscimentum, from cognoscere "know".
- The author thanked the publisher for their acknowledgment of his work.
- The government issued an acknowledgment of the treaty.
- The school gave an acknowledgment to the donors for their contribution.
- The committee gave an acknowledgment to the volunteers for their hard work.
- The company gave an acknowledgment to the employees for their dedication.