- Of or relating to sound or the science of sound.
- Designed for or related to the production, control, or transmission of sound.
- Of or relating to the properties of sound that affect how it is perceived by the human ear.
From acoustics + -al, from the greek akoustos ("heard"), from akouō ("i hear").
- The concert hall had excellent acoustical properties.
- The acoustical engineer designed the sound system for the theater.
- The acoustical tiles on the ceiling helped to reduce echo.
- The acoustical performance of the room was poor.
- He was an expert in acoustical design and had worked on several concert halls and auditoriums.
Some random words: glassy, tamp, conjugation