- A state of being acquainted with someone, often a casual or slight relationship.
- A state of knowing someone in a limited or superficial way.
Derived from the verb 'acquaint', meaning to become familiar with or to make someone familiar with.
- Their acquaintanceship was brief but memorable.
- They had only a casual acquaintanceship.
- The acquaintanceship between the two grew into a strong friendship.
- She formed many acquaintanceships while working in the office.
- His acquaintanceship with the famous actor was a source of pride.
Some random words: consolidate, unnoticeable, soil