- The act of accepting, complying, or submitting passively or without protest.
- The state of being in agreement or consent without actively participating or taking a strong stance.
- The act of complying with the wishes or demands of others willingly.
From the latin acquiescentia, from acquiescere ("to grow quiet, become satisfied"), from ad- ("to") + quiescere ("to be quiet").
- His acquiescence to her request was surprising.
- Her acquiescence to the demands of the kidnappers was a sign of weakness.
- The government's acquiescence to the demands of the protesters was seen as a victory.
- The company's acquiescence to the demands of the union led to a strike.
- His acquiescence in her decision was seen as a sign of trust and respect.
Some random words: nonsupport, consensual, ought