- An acquirer is a person, company, or organization that acquires or takes over ownership of something, usually another company, assets, or property.
- In the context of finance and payment systems, an acquirer is a financial institution that processes credit or debit card transactions on behalf of merchants.
The word acquirer is derived from the verb "acquire" which means to gain possession of something.
- The acquirer purchased the company for a large sum of money.
- The acquirer took over the assets and property of the bankrupt company.
- The bank acted as an acquirer and processed credit card transactions for the merchant.
- The acquirer is responsible for due diligence and integration of the newly acquired company.
- The acquirer made an offer to purchase the competitor's assets.