- The act of acquiring or obtaining ownership of a thing or property.
- The thing or property that is acquired or obtained.
- The act of gaining knowledge or skill in a particular field.
The word 'acquisition' originated from the latin word 'acquisitio' which means 'the act of acquiring or gaining something.'.
- The acquisition of the company was a major business deal.
- The acquisition of the painting was a great addition to the museum's collection.
- The acquisition of a new language is a difficult but rewarding process.
- The acquisition of the latest technology has improved the efficiency of the company.
- The acquisition of the property was completed last month.