- Bitter, angry, or nasty in tone or character.
- Characterized by bitterness or resentment, especially in a prolonged argument or dispute.
Late 16th century (originally in the sense "bitter in taste"): from latin acrimoniosus, from acrimonia "bitterness, harshness", from acer "sharp, bitter".
- The divorce proceedings were acrimonious and full of accusations.
- The acrimonious debate between the two politicians lasted for hours.
- The meeting between the union and management ended in an acrimonious manner.
- The breakup of the band was acrimonious, with members blaming each other.
- The acrimonious discussion between the two neighbors ended with a call to the police.
Some random words: fly-fishing, visceral, oblivion